Requirements and recommendations:
For Management software 7.20:
Fully updated Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 2000.
Updated Java Runtime Environment (version 6 update 23 or higher).
Processor: 1 GHz.
RAM: Windows 7 and Vista: 1 GB; Windows XP and 2000: 512 MB.
Hard Disk Space: 250MB.
Screen Resolution: 1024x768.
Wiring: FortiVoice usually requires no extra wiring beyond the standard infrastructure in most commercial and residential buildings. In rare cases, depending on your existing infrastructure and desired distribution of extensions, some re-wiring may be necessary. Consult your Authorized FortiVoice Reseller or talk to a telephone systems and service professional in your area.
Telephone company services:
Some phone company services can enhance your FortiVoice performance:
- Caller ID is recommended but not required.
- Telephone Company Voicemail allows a caller to leave a message even if all lines become unavailable. We do not recommend using Call Waiting, because FortiVoice can’t answer two calls on the same line. The second caller would be unable to access your auto attendants, extensions, voicemail and call cascade sequences.
- Hunt/Rollover/Busy Forwarding is recommended if you have more than one phone line connected to FortiVoice.
- Transfer and Clear frees a phone line after a call has been transferred to a remote extension.
- 3-way Calling allows you to use a single line to forward calls to remote extensions, conference calls and access call bridge. If you want the caller to hear music continuously while on hold, we do not recommend using this service.